31 May-7 June 2020, Elba Island, Italy
16th LASER Summer School on Software Engineering
The 16th edition of the prestigious LASER summer school, in the first week of June 2020, will be devoted to software engineering aspects of continuous development, web services, DevOps, and new paradigms of software production and deployment. As in previous years, the school takes place in the incomparable setting of the Hotel del Golfo in magnificent Elba Island. The speakers are, as in all earlier LASER schools, among the most brilliant innovators in the field. Register now for this exceptional week devoted to some of the most important contemporary developments in science and technology.
- Fabio Casati, ServiceNow and University of Trento on Taking AI from research to production – at scale
- Adrian Cockcroft, Amazon Web Services on Building and Operating Modern Applications
- Elisabetta Di Nitto, Politecnico di Milano on The role of Infrastructure as Code and the Cloud in DevOps
- Kannan Govindarajan, ServiceNow on Taking AI from research to production – at scale
- Valérie Issarny, INRIA on The Web for the age of the IoT
- Erik Meijer, Facebook on Software Development At Scale
- Bertrand Meyer, Schaffhausen Institute of Technology on Software from beginning to end: a comprehensive method
- Giulia Rossi, Amazon Web Services
The school is intended for professionals from the industry (engineers and managers) as well as university researchers, including PhD students. The school’s focus is applied, although theory is welcome to establish solid foundations. The format of the school favors extensive interaction between participants and speakers.
To ensure the quality of interactions, the number of seats is limited. Registration requests will be accepted and processed in the order received. Early bird saving is available for registrations received and paid by February 29. Register now and save!
Like its predecessors, the 2020 LASER summer school takes place in the idyllic setting of the Elba Island off the coast of Tuscany, easily reachable by air, car, bus or train.
The school location is the magnificent Hotel del Golfo in the Gulf of Procchio, Elba. Along with an intensive scientific program, participants will have time to enjoy the natural and cultural riches of this history-laden jewel of the Mediterranean.