2-10 June 2018, Elba Island, Italy
14th LASER Summer School on Software Engineering
The combination of advances in distributed systems and cryptography is bringing about a revolution not only in finance, with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but in many other fields whose list keeps growing. The LASER 2018 summer school brings the best experts in the field, from both industry and academia, to provide an in-depth exploration of the fascinating software issues and solutions behind these breakthrough technology advances.
We have lined up a unique group of lecturers:
- Christian Cachin, IBM, on Secure distributed programming for blockchains
- Primavera De Filippi, CNRS and Harvard, on Social and legal effects of distributed trust systems
- Maurice Herlihy, Brown University, on Blockchains, Smart Contracts, & the future of distributed computing
- Christoph Jentzsch, Slock.it, on Blockchains, Ethereum, Solidity, and Smart Contract Security
- Bertrand Meyer, Politecnico di Milano and Innopolis, on Software engineering for distributed systems
- Emin Gun Sirer, Cornell University
- Roger Wattenhofer, ETH Zurich, on Consensus
The school is intended for professionals from the industry (engineers and managers) as well as university researchers, including PhD students. The school’s focus is applied, although theory is welcome to establish solid foundations. The format of the school favors extensive interaction between participants and speakers.
To ensure the quality of this interaction, the number of seats is limited. Registration requests will be processed in the order received.
Current registration fees valid until March 30; to registration page.
Like its predecessors, the 2018 LASER summer school takes place in the idyllic setting of the Elba Island off the coast of Tuscany, easily reachable by air, car, bus or train.
The school location is the magnificent Hotel del Golfo in the Gulf of Procchio, Elba. Along with an intensive scientific program, participants will have time to enjoy the natural and cultural riches of this history-laden jewel of the Mediterranean.