7-9 December 2020 Villebrumier, near Toulouse, France
Second international workshop on frontiers in software engineering education
The workshop is by invitation only
If you wish to be considered for invitation please write to the organizers.
To be announced soon.
About the workshop
The workshop aims at bringing together classic education and fearless ideas.
We will discuss in a friendly context what education in Software Engineering needs, what should be changed and how new and traditional institutions can adapt to the fast pace of technology.
The workshop is focused on discussion and exchanges.
The post-proceedings will be published as a volume of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
Participation and submissions
All submissions will be reviewed for conformance to the aims of the workshop, but the actual refereeing process will apply to final contribution submitted after the workshop for publication in the LNCS proceedings. Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.
Program and Organization chairs
- Evgenii Bobrov
- Jean Michel Bruel
- Alfredo Capozucca
- Nicolas Guelfi
- Manuel Mazzara
- Bertrand Meyer
- Alexandr Naumchev
- 15 October 2019: deadline for full papers (15 pages) or extended abstracts (2 pages) in LNCS format.
- 1 November 2019: notification
- 11-13 November 2019: workshop
- 1 April 2020: deadline of full papers (15 pages in LNCS format) for post-proceedings.
- 1 May 2020: notification
- 1 June 2020: camera-ready
- 1 September 2020: volume published
All participants are encouraged to submit a proposal, as early as possible and at the latest on 15 October 2019. Proposals can be full papers or extended abstracts (2 to 15 pages). All submissions will be reviewed for conformance to the aims of the workshop, but the actual refereeing process will apply to final contribution submitted after the workshop for publication in the LNCS proceedings.
To submit a contribution, use the EasyChair submission page.
- New (and fearless) ideas on education
- Models for class development
- How to design learning objectives and outcomes
- Labs and practical sessions: how to conduct them
- Curriculum Development
- Course Design
- Quality Course Assessment
- Long-life studies in education
- Empirical research in SE education
- Experiences in starting-up new educational systems
- Yamine Ait-Ameur, INP-ENSEEIHT, France
- Hamna Aslam, Innopolis University, Russia
- Maximiliano Cristiá, National University of Rosario, Argentina
- Salvatore Distefano, University of Messina, Italy
- Carlo Alberto Furia, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Switzerland
- Mohamad Kassab, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Jörg Kienzle, McGill University, Canada
- Henry Muccini, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Gail Murphy, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Cecile Peraire, Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley, USA
- Andrey Sadovykh, Innopolis University, Russia
The workshop will be held at the Château de Villebrumier near Toulouse in Southwest France, a conference center devoted to meetings on new technologies. Villebrumier is easily reachable from Toulouse International Airport (40 km) or Montauban train station (15 km, 4 hours from Paris via high-speed trains). Remote participation is also possible.
The participants will either attend remotely or will be hosted at Villebrumier. As there are a limited number of rooms, single and double rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. We offer one convenient package including accommodation and meals.
|EUR 90 to 120||Remote participation |
Early bird fee: 90 EUR (up to two weeks before)
Late registration: 120 EUR (starting from 2 weeks before)
|EUR 590 to 620||On site participation|
Early bird fee: 590 EUR (up to two weeks before)
Late registration: 620 EUR (starting from 2 weeks before)
Single or double room for 3 nights (Sunday to Tuesday), 3 breakfasts, 5 breaks, 2 lunches, 3 dinners and a light lunch on Wednesday before departure
Transportation from Toulouse airport will be provided at a cost of EUR 20 in cash. Pick up will be on 6 December 2020 at 6:30 PM. Transportation back to Toulouse airport will be provided at a cost of EUR 20 in cash. The shuttle will leave from VilleBrumier on 9 March at 2 PM.
Transportation from Montauban train station will be provided at a cost of EUR 10 in cash. Pick up will be on 6 December 2020 at 7:00 PM. Transportation back to Montauban train station will be provided at a cost of EUR 10 in cash. The shuttle will leave from VilleBrumier on 9 December 2020 at 2 PM.
Registration link will appear soon.