The DEVOPS series is intended for in-depth discussions of software engineering implications of new development models which are poised to revolutionize the IT industry, on top of all “DevOps”. The proceedings have been and will be published as volumes of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Springer Nature Computer Science
Special Issue on New paradigms of software production and deployment
- Alfredo Capozucca, University of Luxembourg (email@example.com)
- Jean-Michel Bruel, University of Toulouse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Manuel Mazzara, Innopolis University (email@example.com)
- Bertrand Meyer, Schaffhausen Institute of Technology and Polytechnic University of Milan (Bertrand.Meyer@inf.ethz.ch)
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2020
We are pleased to announce that a Special Issue on “New paradigms of software production and deployment” will be published by Springer Nature Computer Science journal in 2021. SN Computer Science is a broad-based, peer reviewed journal that publishes original research in all the disciplines of computer science including various inter-disciplinary aspects.
This special issue aims to provide the most recent stages of what is being done in the area of software engineering targeting modern software development methods, with particular interest in those aimed at speeding up the development life cycle, while ensuring that the product to be released meets the expected levels of quality. Nowadays, these modern methods are enclosed under the name of “DevOps”. Thus, this special issue intends to gather the most recent results, both at theoretical and applied levels, which are produced in the “DevOps” area by the international community that practice software engineering.
Aims and Scopes
The frantic pace of evolution in the IT industry and the staggering growth of the Web, private and public clouds, container architectures and microservices exert ever increasing pressure on modes of software development and deployment, leading to constant questioning of traditional software engineering wisdom. Among the new development models continuously integrating development, quality assurance, deployment, operation and maintenance, “DevOps” is the one that most attention has recently received.
This special issue promotes the publication of both theoretical and empirical studies of DevOps and other continuous-development models that based on clear and solid evidence can justify the advantages (or limitations) of these new models with respect to more traditional one. Thus, topics of interest to be included in this special issue, among others, are:
- Formal analysis of the DevOps paradigm
- Comparisons and relationships between DevOps and other lifecycles
- Tools to support the DevOps process
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery as part of DevOps
- Infrastructure as Code
- Socio-technical aspects and DevOps
- Applications of DevOps
- Architectural aspects of DevOps
- Coordination and verification of continuously deployed systems
- Security in continuously deployed systems
- DevOps and microservices
- DevOps and quality of service aspects
- Empirical studies of DevOps and other continuous-development models
- Experience reports and lessons learned
- DevOps in teaching: where does it fit in the curriculum? What is the experience so far?
Inquiries about this special issue may be sent directly to the co-editors.
- April 30, 2020: CFP distributed
- July 15, 2020: Submission deadline for special issue extended abstracts
- August 15, 2020: Chosen authors will be invited to submit papers
- November 30, 2020: Invited papers due
- March 31, 2021: Reviews/decisions returned to authors
If you are interested in contributing to this special issue on “New paradigms of software production and deployment”, please send your extended abstract to the guest editor Alfredo Capozucca at (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15th July 2020.
Extended abstracts should be at least 500 words but should not exceed 1000 words in the main body of the extended abstract, excluding references, figures, and tables. Following review of extended abstracts, authors will be notified August 15th of 2020 of whether a full paper will be invited for submission. Invited papers will be due on November 30, 2020.
for additional information about the submission process of the full paper.
At the time of full paper submission, please select the Special Issue (SI) of your choice. This Special Issue section can be found under the ‘Additional Information’ Section. Please answer ‘yes’ to the question: ‘Does this manuscript belong to a special issue? Yes/No’, then you have to choose the Special Issue, which will be: “New Paradigms of Software Production and Deployment”.
Papers will be available to the public as “open access” and without incurring any fee for the authors.
DEVOPS 19: International workshop on software engineering aspects of continuous development and new paradigms of software production and deployment, Villebrumier, 6-8 May 2019. For the DEVOPS 19 LNCS proceedings see here.
DEVOPS 18: International workshop on software engineering aspects of continuous development and new paradigms of software production and deployment, Villebrumier, 5-6 March 2018. For the DEVOPS 18 LNCS proceedings see here.