FISEE 2019 (11-13 November 2019 Villebrumier, near Toulouse, France)
First international workshop on frontiers in software engineering education
The workshop is by invitation only
If you wish to be considered for invitation please write to the organizers.
We are happy to announce that Alexander Tormasov, Founding Rector at Innopolis University and Chief Scientist of Parallels, has accepted our invitation to give a keynote at FISEE 2019.
About the workshop
The workshop aims at bringing together classic education and fearless ideas.
We will discuss in a friendly context what education in Software Engineering needs, what should be changed and how new and traditional institutions can adapt to the fast pace of technology.
The workshop is focused on discussion and exchanges.
The post-proceedings will be published as a volume of the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
Participation and submissions
All submissions will be reviewed for conformance to the aims of the workshop, but the actual refereeing process will apply to final contribution submitted after the workshop for publication in the LNCS proceedings.
To submit a contribution, use the EasyChair submission page.
Program and Organization chairs
- Evgenii Bobrov
- Jean Michel Bruel
- Alfredo Capozucca
- Nicolas Guelfi
- Manuel Mazzara
- Bertrand Meyer
- Alexandr Naumchev
All participants are encouraged to submit a proposal, as early as possible and at the latest on 15 October 2019. Proposals can be full papers or extended abstracts (2 to 15 pages). All submissions will be reviewed for conformance to the aims of the workshop, but the actual refereeing process will apply to final contribution submitted after the workshop for publication in the LNCS proceedings.
- New (and fearless) ideas on education
- Models for class development
- How to design learning objectives and outcomes
- Labs and practical sessions: how to conduct them
- Curriculum Development
- Course Design
- Quality Course Assessment
- Long-life studies in education
- Empirical research in SE education
- Experiences in starting-up new educational systems
- Yamine Ait-Ameur, INP-ENSEEIHT, France
- Hamna Aslam, Innopolis University, Russia
- Maximiliano Cristiá, National University of Rosario, Argentina
- Salvatore Distefano, University of Messina, Italy
- Carlo Alberto Furia, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Switzerland
- Mohamad Kassab, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Jörg Kienzle, McGill University, Canada
- Henry Muccini, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Gail Murphy, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Cecile Peraire, Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley, USA
- Andrey Sadovykh, Innopolis University, Russia
The workshop will be held at the Château de Villebrumier near Toulouse in Southwest France, a conference center devoted to meetings on new technologies. Villebrumier is easily reachable from Toulouse International Airport (40 km) or Montauban train station (15 km, 4 hours from Paris via high-speed trains).
The participants will be hosted at Villebrumier. As there are a limited number of rooms, single and double rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Until October 25 we offer one convenient package at EUR 590 including accommodation and meals. After October 25 the package cost will be EUR 620.
|EUR 590 if paid by October 25.|
EUR 620 if paid after October 25.
|Single or double room for 3 nights (Sunday to Tuesday), 3 breakfasts, 5 breaks, 2 lunches, 3 dinners and a light lunch on Wednesday before departure|
Transportation from Toulouse airport will be provided at a cost of EUR 20 in cash. Pick up will be on 10 November at 6:30 PM. Transportation back to Toulouse airport will be provided at a cost of EUR 20 in cash. The shuttle will leave from VilleBrumier on November 13 at 2 PM.
Transportation from Montauban train station will be provided at a cost of EUR 10 in cash. Pick up will be on 10 November at 7:00 PM. Transportation back to Montauban train station will be provided at a cost of EUR 10 in cash. The shuttle will leave from VilleBrumier on November 13 at 2 PM.